The Vancouver Prostate Centre (VPC) has an exceptional opportunity available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join our research team
The Vancouver Prostate Centre
The VPC has a large number of multi-disciplinary research programs in basic, clinic, and translational cancer research. It is a National Centre of Excellence and a designated Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research. It is affiliated with the University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. Further details on VPC and its research programs are available at www.prostatecentre.com
The Dong laboratory focuses on gene transcription and RNA splicing in prostate cancers. The lab is dedicated to deciphering mechanisms by which tumors develop resistance to anti-cancer therapies with focuses on RNA splicing in reprogramming cancer cell phenotypes. The overall goal of our laboratory is to develop diagnostic and therapeutic means for prostate cancer. Representative work can be found in J Clin Invest. 2020, Eur Urol. 2017/2019 and Front Oncol. 2021.
More information on Dr. Dong and his team can be found here: https://www.prostatecentre.com/about-us/people/dr-xuesen-dong.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or similar.
- Minimum five years related laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in cell culture/transfection, western blotting, real-time PCR and molecular cloning, protein interaction, and microscopy.
- Experience with lentivirus manipulation and animal work will be considered an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Statistical data analysis and database management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, organized, and detail-oriented team player.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with the subject line 'Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Dong Lab' and the following items attached:
- Current CV
- Cover letter
NOTE: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. No telephone calls or drop-in inquiries are accepted. Only those under consideration will be contacted
How to apply?
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to reference number PDFO-55265.
Desired start date: 01 Sep 2021
Duration: Fixed term / Temporary
Contract Type: Full Time