The Weston Brain Institute supports translational research to accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging. We are pleased to launch the Transformational Research: Canada 2018 program.
To provide funding for translational research that will accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging.
New for 2018
- Translational research using humans or human samples/data is in scope, except for clinical trials or clinical trial sub-studies which should be submitted to the Early-Phase Clinical Trials or Rapid Response programs.
- The Institute has updated which tools are in scope. Please see below and read our What We Fund webpage before applying to ensure your project is in scope
A maximum of $1,500,000 over up to 3 years.
- Program Information Webinar: October 25th, 2017 at 1pm EDT (Register here)
- Letter of Intent Deadline: February 15th, 2018 at 2pm EST
- Anticipated Award: September 2018
Update November 29, 2017: We are pleased to announce that we have extended the deadline for the Transformational Research: Canada 2018 program, from December 7, 2017 to February 15, 2018 at 2:00pm EST.
The Institute’s Postdoctoral Scholars at Oxford program is now open to applicants year-round. Canadian postdoctoral researchers working in the field of translational research on neurodegenerative diseases of aging may apply to receive up to £57,000 in funding (£44,000 salary + benefits) for research performed in a host lab at the University of Oxford. Successful candidates will also be affiliated with Merton College. For more information, visit our website or contact Rachel Reeve at email@example.com.