Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with a customized research management training component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- An exclusive research management curriculum for postdoctoral fellows in any discipline
- A two-year research project with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A Partner Organization Business Case, developed to outline project objectives, risks, and stakeholder success criteria, and ensure project value
Elevate fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, Elevate fellows divide their time between their partner organization project and university-based research with their faculty supervisor.
Elevate fellows receive:
- $50,000 minimum annual stipend/salary
- Training curriculum valued at $7,500 per year
- Submission assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission
- Intent to Apply and Conflict of Interest declaration deadline: June 13, 2018, at 5 p.m. PT
- One-time pre-review of draft proposals: no later than June 27, 2018, at 5 p.m. PT
- Application deadline: July 11, 2018, at 1 p.m. PT
- Results announced: November 2018
- Projects start date: no later than February 6, 2019