Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with an exclusive professional development curriculum component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- A two-year research project with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A professional development curriculum that prepares Elevate fellows for success as leaders in research and industry
Fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, fellows divide their time between their partner organization's project and academic institution-based research with their academic supervisor.
New for our Spring 2022 call!
The Spring 2022 thematic call will accept applications addressing at least one of the key priority areas. Elevate fellows receive:
- a $70,000 minimum annual stipend/salary for projects addressing at least one of the following key priority sectors: agriculture and food, artificial intelligence, biomanufacturing, clean technology, entertainment and media, quantum science, or social innovation
- An exclusive professional development curriculum valued at $4,000 per year
- Proposal assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission
Explore enhanced leveraging opportunities available to your partner organization with your local business development representative.