Please join us for UBC's Orientation Day for PDFs. This semi-annual event is sponsored by the Postdoctoral Fellows Office (PDFO) in the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. All new PDFs and existing PDFs who have not yet attended a PDF Orientation are invited.
The next Orientation for Postdoctoral Fellows will be in fall 2019. Additional information about this session will be available shortly.
Registration in our Orientation for Postdoctoral Fellows is required, and is now open. Successfully-registered postdocs will receive a confirmation email within one week of the workshop date. If you are no longer able to attend, please contact email@example.com at least 24 hours before the session date.
Orientation Day will cover a range of important campus and academic information and advice geared to help you and your families obtain the most from your Postdoc experience at UBC. Also, this will be an opportunity to get connected on campus and to meet other Postdocs from many different faculties.
Please note that the programme may change based on presenter availability.
- Registration / Information Fair
- Light Breakfast
- Welcoming Remarks - Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Introduction to the Postdoctoral Fellows Office
- Introduction to the UBC PDA and Getting to Know Vancouver
- Introduction to the VP Research Office
- Introduction to Postdoctoral Appointments & HR Benefits
- Teaching Development Opportunities for PDFs at UBC
- Surviving & Thriving at UBC - A Postdoc's Perspective
- Keys to Success as a Postdoctoral Fellow
- Wrap Up & Closing Remarks