Date & Time
This session will begin with an info fair and networking from 8:30 AM, with presentations beginning at 9:00 AM.
UBC's Orientation for Postdoctoral Fellows will cover a range of important campus and academic information and advice geared to help you and your families obtain the most from your Postdoc experience at UBC.
Orientation is open to all new PDFs and existing PDFs who have not yet attended a PDF Orientation.
More details can be found on the Orientation section of the PDFO website.
Please contact the PDFO to register for this session. Those successfully registered will receive a registration confirmation within one week of the session date.
NO-SHOW PENALTY: If you register and do not attend or cancel after 3pm on the day before the event, it may affect your eligibility to join future events. To avoid this no-show penalty, please cancel by at least 3pm the day before the event by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your full participation in the event, please email email@example.com in advance of the event.
PDFO EVENT COMMUNITY AGREEMENT
The PDFO has created a community agreement for our events in order to foster an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment in which all event attendees feel safe and supported.
By participating in a PDFO event, we commit ourselves to:
- Treating one another with kindness, courtesy and respect in all interactions;
- Engaging in gracious, active listening and valuing others’ opinions;
- Not dominating discussions so that others can share during the session;
- Ensuring that any potentially confidential or sensitive information shared as part of the session is not shared outside of the session;
- Actively participating in the session; and
- In online sessions, when possible and if comfortable sharing audio and/or video to create a greater sense of community and participation.