Date & Time
This session is being offered in collaboration with the MITACS Step program. Mitacs Step offers a holistic, inter-disciplinary approach to professional skills development. The workshops that are offered provide practical tools in business, communications, and project management through experiential learning from industry professionals in an interactive environment, arming graduate students for success within or beyond academia.
Graduate students, please register through the Graduate Pathways to Success Program.
If you find yourself frequently running out of time on a project or impending deadlines are making you anxious, this workshop is for you. You’ll learn how to make the most of every minute, avoid procrastination and other “time thieves,” and create achievable plans and schedules, based on project management best practices.
To deepen participants’ understanding of the time management techniques and knowledge that they need set clear goals, break down work tasks, and estimate task duration.
- You will learn to:
- Accurately organize & estimate your workload
- Boost performance and productivity
- Drive the results that matter to you
- Take effective action to help follow-through
Key Topic Areas:
Define & Clarify What Matters
- Create daily routines that fuel your energy and action
- Learn some Project Management best practices to help you accurately plan
- Create effective Action Lists that drive results
- Apply tactics to help prioritize and defend action
- Define and decide what is important and urgent for you
Implement Effective & Sustainable Action
- Establish a weekly routine that quickly corrects and adapts your plans
- Self-correct behaviours around time thieves such as procrastination & distraction
- Self-Negotiate the first 15 minutes of important-but-not-urgent action
- Introduce controls to minimize interruptions, distraction, and procrastination
- Learn how to Assess before saying “Yes” to a new commitment
- Learn effective tactics that help negotiate your time with colleagues or managers
Boost Performance & Productivity
- Effective “Counterbalancing” : Learning how to task-switch for performance improvement
- Learn how to effectively drive sustainable action over the long term
- Introduce ways to switch tasks so that you recharge energy and enhance daily performance
Rose Hastreiter is a professional project manager, programme manager, pm advisor, entrepreneur, creative professional and international facilitator who helps organizations develop their plans through the development of their people, processes, and the relationships in-between. Dynamic + engaging, her live workshops are inspiring, insightful, practical, and committed to bridging practical information with real-world application and human understanding. Her facilitation style is entertaining yet intelligent & pragmatic, with great testimonials from many of over 10,000 participants to date, in various sectors and fields of expertise.
Registration is required and is now open. Those successfully registered will receive a confirmation email from the PDFO one week prior to the workshop. All cancellations must be received no later than 24 hours in advance of the workshop.
*** Lunch will not be provided as part of this session. ***