Date & Time
"I highly recommend this workshop on Time Management. It will shatter your assumptions about what it means to set clear goals and organize your time, space, and energy to achieve them. This workshop has completely changed the way that I work."
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Calgary
This energetic, intensive one-day workshop will sharpen your professional time management skills and optimize your working week. Building on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) best practices, methodologies, and productivity tactics, the workshop provides tools and techniques that can be applied to a partner industry project or employment-based role. Whether you’re handling dynamic timelines alone or within a team, you’ll be able to reach your project targets with the knowledge gained in this workshop.
We will review and apply relevant time management processes within a project management context. We will also cover successful productivity optimization and performance improvement tactics. We will focus on professional scenarios from individual and team perspectives.
The tactics shared in this workshop can improve your ability to focus, follow through, take effective action, manage your energy, schedule with increased accuracy and agility, and help ensure a more successful outcome.
You will learn to:
- Optimize your professional days and weeks
- Effectively define targets and goals so that they are clear and sustainable
- Accurately estimate activity duration
- Improve focus and better manage interruptions
- Reduce corrective communication
- Better defend project schedules without sacrificing relationship quotient
- Improve and leverage personal energy for sustainable follow-through on activities
Key Topic Areas
Defining time management:
- PMI definitions and process review
- Identifying key symptoms of poor time management
- Key differences between individual and team-based approaches
Defining Goals with clarity to uncover potential costly assumptions
Action Logic: Breaking Down Work effectively to better organize action
Designing Activities for effective follow-through
- Estimating Duration more accurately
- Visual Plotting techniques and tools
Dynamic Iterative Planning
Activity Optimization: Top Tactics for personal & professional success
- 5 Keys to action follow-through
- Improving Focus Management - Tactics
- Reducing Corrective Communication Time (Written & Meetings)
- Reducing Overallocation & Scope creep: Assess Before Yes
21 Day Challenge:
- Review & Rank 3 key tactics to apply over the next 21 days
Each moment holds within it a choice to go beyond survival. Rose founded Leonty3C.com, a Canadian firm that helps people shift into thrive. Her industry background as an IT project management leader, instructor, speaker, and facilitator combined with her professional creative background as an internationally-recognized composer and vocalist, shares one mission: to inspire days-well-lived.
As the daughter of a WWII survivor, she began her career at a young age so to take care of herself and her elderly father who navigated the daily impacts of post-war trauma. By the age of 20, she was representing Canada as a speaker at international conferences while finishing her degree at UBC and developing her management consulting profession. Over 20 years later, her consulting cases span a variety of organizations, including for-profit, non-profit, government, and academic arenas. Her specialty is empowering project team functionality, action follow-through, and productivity. Her workshops boost quality of action through an integrated tactical and human approach.
Born and raised in Vancouver, BC, she has worked extensively through Canada and in 2009, moved her office and production studio to the spectacular Fundy Isles region in New Brunswick. She considers herself a citizen of the world, so when people ask where home is, she'll normally point out "wherever my feet are". She is known for her energy, authenticity, and powerful stage presence, speaking on topics of leadership, productivity, humanity and resilience. http://www.leonty3c.com
Registration in this workshop is required, and is now open. Those postdocs successfully registered will receive a confirmation email within one week of the workshop date.