How to Keep Your Cash (Session 2 of 3)
Date & Time
* Please note that session 2 is full as of 8:00 AM on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Those postdocs registering in this session will be placed on the waitlist. *
Whether you're looking for tips and advice on how to better file your taxes as a postdoc, or are new to Canada and need an overview of the Canadian Tax System, this 2 hour workshop followed by a Q&A session will provide you with the information you need which includes:
- A brief overview of the Canadian Tax System
- The general process for filing a tax return
- Individual responsibilities for filing Canadian tax
- Eligible versus in-eligible tax deductions
- Scholarships/fellowships and bursaries, and tax exemptions
Francis N. Wong
Partner - Taxation, KPMG Enterprise
Francis Wong, CPA, CA, is a Tax Partner in KPMG’s Enterprise Group, which focuses on private companies and their owners. He advises individuals and their businesses on a variety of tax matters, including estate and post-mortem planning, corporate reorganization and succession planning, divestitures and cross-border investment structuring. He also oversees the preparation of Canadian income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations and trusts.
Senior Manager, Tax, KPMG
Ryan Gill, CPA, CA, CPA (New Hampshire) is a Senior Tax Manager in KPMG LLP’s Global Mobility Services group. Ryan practices in the area of tax planning and compliance for individuals, estates and trusts in a US and cross-border context. He advises individuals on both sides of the border on tax matters related to their residence, compensation including equity compensation, investments including real estate, retirement plans, estates, trusts, gifts and expatriation. He is also involved in the preparation of Canadian and US tax returns for individuals, estates, and trusts.
Registration in this workshop is required, and is now open. Those postdocs successfully registered will receive a confirmation email within one week of the workshop date.