Mitacs Internship Info Session – Finding non-academic collaborations to advance your career
Date & Time
Are you interested in putting your talent to work with an organization that needs your expertise? Looking to become more employable? Interested in a new perspective on your research? Curious about how to complete a paid internship through Mitacs during your graduate studies?
In this session you will be provided with information on the Accelerate program, hear from graduate students who have recently completed internships (and designed their own), and have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Madison Elliott: PhD student in Psychology/Computer Science. Internships with INETCO and Distrix Networks Ltd.
- Cristina Serverius: PhD student in Education. Internship with the Focus Foundation.
- Alex Cancelli: PhD student in Resource and Environmental Management. Internship with Imperial Oil Ltd.
- Cedric Brimacombe: Postdoctoral Fellow in Microbiology & Immunology. Internship with Renaissance BioSciences Corp.
- Saeed Mirazimi: Master’s student in Mathematics. Internship with Control Mobile Inc.
Andrea Globa, PhD, Business Development Specialist, Mitacs. Andrea recently completed her PhD in Neuroscience at UBC. As a Business Development Specialist at Mitacs, Andrea helps UBC professors, students and postdocs to apply for Mitacs funding opportunities, and works with industry and non-profit organizations to form partnerships with researchers on campus.
Registration opens on Monday, March 26 at 9:00am.
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows from all BC post-secondary institutions are eligible to register. If you are a postdoctoral fellow and would like to register, please send an email to: email@example.com after the registration open date/time stated above. If you do not receive a registration confirmation or waitlist e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org within two working days of registering, we recommend e-mailing us to follow up as this indicates we have not received your registration submission.
If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your full participation in the event, please email email@example.com, 604-827-4578, well in advance of the event.