CIRTL Summer Teaching Institute
Date & Time
The UBC Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning (CIRTL) Summer Institute is a five-day teaching intensive that will be held at the Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology (CTLT) at UBC Vancouver from July 23-27, 2018.
The CIRTL Summer Institute is a five-day teaching intensive that combines an emphasis on learning evidence and theory-based approaches to teaching and learning with the opportunity to apply those theories in practice.
During the Institute, participants will engage with a lesson planning approach grounded in experiential learning theory and will explore experiential learning, as well as novice/expert learning, research- and theory-based approaches to goals and objectives, assessment, active learning and inclusivity.
The CIRTL Summer Institute is grounded in the Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) model; an internationally recognized certificate in teaching that includes three opportunities to give lessons to your peers, and receive facilitated feedback in oral, written and video formats. Attendees will receive an ISW Certificate and be a qualified CIRTL Associate.
The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning’s (CIRTL) mission is to enhance excellence in undergraduate education through the development of a national faculty committed to implementing and advancing effective teaching practices for diverse learners as part of successful and varied professional careers.
To learn more about CIRTL, please visit their website: www.cirtl.net.
- Design and deliver a learner-centered lesson
- Give and receive specific, constructive and developmental feedback on teaching in a growth-supported environment
- Apply research and theory-based principles in lesson design that supports learning
- Discover approaches that establish and maintain an inclusive learning environment
- Identify and develop your teaching values and beliefs with a statement of teaching philosophy