Through the generous support of the Faculties of Applied Science, Medicine, Science, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies; the IsoSiM and High-Dimensional Bioinformatics NSERC CREATE training programs; and the CIHR Bridge training program, UBC now has a one year subscription to Nature Masterclasses https://masterclasses.nature.com/. This online training includes:
- 15 modules, covering the entire publishing process (What Makes a Great Paper, Elements of Writing Style, Data Management and Presentation, Authors's Responsibilities, Understanding Peer Review, and more)
- Taught by Nature journal editors
- Videos and activities designed for busy researchers
With Nature Masterclasses you will learn:
- how to get the most out of the writing process;
- how the manuscript selection process works;
- what happens to your paper after submission;
- what it takes to get published in top journals.
UBC graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, staff and faculty may register and access the training at: https://masterclasses.nature.com/. Access is available from any UBC computer, including UBC-Okanagan. If accessing from home, you must first VPN in. Please ensure to not use other services such as EZproxy (needed to access library resources from off-campus) at the same time as it will interfere with your access to Nature Masterclasses.