The Azrieli Fellows Program welcomes the best and the brightest scholars who wish to undertake postdoctoral research in Israel. The time candidates spend conducting research in Israel will provide them with valuable tools to realize their professional goals through collaborative association with Israel’s world-class academic institutions and researchers.
The fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates are assessed on their potential to make cutting-edge contributions to their respective fields. Aspects of leadership abilities and community engagement are also taken into consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or age.
Participating Israeli Institutions:
- Bar-Ilan University
- Ben-Gurion University
- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Tel Aviv University
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- University of Haifa Weizmann Institute of Science
RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN AZRIELI FELLOW
In order to maintain good standing, Azrieli Fellows will be required to sign a form committing themselves to the fulfillment of the following responsibilities:
- Academic Excellence: Fellows are obligated to maintain a high level of academic excellence throughout the program. The Fellow must submit progress reports as per the request of the Azrieli Fellows Program management. The reports will describe the research done up until that point and must be signed by the Fellow’s academic sponsor who should also provide detailed comments.
- Community Work: Azrieli Fellows will be asked to volunteer 40 hours over the course of the year at an a-political or non-partisan program to be approved in advance and in writing by the Azrieli Fellows Program management. We are available to advise you regarding volunteer placement based on your area of interest, Hebrew language ability and location.
- Participation in Program-sponsored Events: In order to foster the exchange of ideas between Azrieli Fellows, both Israeli and International, and to maintain a sense of group identification, the program will sponsor several events during the academic year at which Fellows may socialize and share their research and study activities. These events include but are not limited to: the Fellows Opening Ceremony, the Azrieli Fellows Forums and an end-of-year Dinner.
- Publications: The work produced by the Fellows during the course of their research in Israel may be eligible for publication in a future on-line journal. Any written work published by the Fellows while participating in the program must acknowledge the support of the Azrieli Foundation in a written dedication. Fellows may also be asked to submit an abstract of their dissertation and published works to the Azrieli Fellows Program management for use in publicity material produced by the program and on the Foundation website.
- Alumni Activities: Fellows will be part of a growing global community of Azrieli Fellows alumni. Fellows will be asked to share their experiences with others, to publicize the Program to their colleagues and to participate in information sessions for new candidates that may be held in their region. In the future, it is expected that alumni will assist in the selection process for incoming students.
Duration of the Fellowship
The duration of the fellowship is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year. In specific fields, where the accepted period for postdoctoral research is longer than two years, the fellowship may be extended beyond two years, following review of the situation and agreement by the Foundation.
The fellowship is for research done at Israeli universities. One of the central goals of our fellowship program is to establish strong ties with the Israeli academic community and society. We therefore offer a full 12-month fellowship intended for research done in Israel throughout this period. If research collaborations require a Fellow to be away from Israel for some time, the period away from Israel should be no longer than 25% of the fellowship period. It is expected that the major and significant portion of research be done in Israel.
For more information and to apply before Thursday, December 7th, 2017 please visit our website at: http://fellows.azrielifoundation.org/