Canadian Immigration for Postdoctoral Fellows
Date & Time
*Update May 28, 2019 - Due to the level of interest in this session, the session end time has extended from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.*
Canadian immigration can be complicated. Danielle Samuels from the Housing and Relocation services office is here to help answer questions you have about the immigration process in Canada. At this workshop we plan to answer the following questions:
- I made it to Canada, but now what do I do in regards to immigration?
- How do I stay in Canada permanently?
- How do I get permanent residence?
- Do I need a work permit?
- How do I renew my work permit?
- What about my spouse and children?
- How do I become a Canadian citizen?
Danielle Samuels is the Relocation Manager for UBC. She manages immigration for all the relocating faculty and current staff members at UBC. She has over 7 years immigration experience in both the UK and Canada.
As of May 31, 2019, this session is full. Those registering after this date will be placed on the waitlist.
Registration in this session is required, and is now open. Those successfully registered will receive a confirmation email within one week of the workshop date.