Date & Time
Do you often feel drained by departmental drama?
Do feel unclear how to handle conflicts that arise in your department?
Are you unsure when, where, and how to manage conflict with people who will be voting on your tenure?
Academics are notoriously conflict avoidant and the inability to manage conflict can result in negative physical, emotional, and relational consequences for tenure-track faculty. So why not learn early in your career to master the SKILL of healthy conflict so that you can effectively manage conflicts as they arise and avoid carrying around all of the negative energy, anger, and resentment in your mind and body. In this webinar, you will learn:
- How conflict-management is an essential part of thriving in the Academy.
- How to decide when to push back and when to pull back in the face of conflict.
- The difference between healthy and unhealthy conflict.
- How to get clear about the role that power plays in resolving departmental conflicts.
- Ten tips for engaging in healthy conflict.
Accessing This Webinar
Workshops and programs on a variety of topics, such as increasing research productivity, dissertation success, and maintaining work-life balance, as well as networking opportunities, through the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). To create an account:
- Visit UBC’s page at www.facultydiversity.org/institutions/ubc.
- Click “Activate my Membership”. Please note you will need an email address ending in “ubc.ca”.
- Create a profile.
- You should then be able to sign-in anytime to access the programs.
If you have any problems creating your profile or accessing the site, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org