Self-Care for Personal and Professional Success
An interactive, collaborative session that introduces the concept and importance of self-care as a basis for both personal and professional success. Participants will walk away with an understanding of the importance and necessity of self-care and the ability to identify areas of improvement in one’s own self-care while recognizing different techniques and habits to develop a well-balanced lifestyle.
This session is offered through the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Depression Center, part of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Johnson Depression Center’s mission is to improve the lives of people with depression and mood disorders through clinical excellence, innovative research, community programs, and education.
Alex Yannacone has an extensive background in implementation and trainings for prevention and intervention of mental health services and education. As the Director of Education and Community Programs at the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Depression Center, Alex provides programs and trainings addressing mental health issues across Colorado. She is also a master trainer in suicide prevention training including QPR and Working Minds.
Prior to her work at the Center, Alex contributed to the oversight, management, and delivery of a statewide child abuse and neglect prevention program. Additionally, Alex has provided therapeutic services to at-risk families and the refugee population within Colorado.
Registration in this session is required, and is now open. Those successfully registered will receive a registration confirmation within one week of the session date.
NO-SHOW PENALTY: If you register and do not attend or cancel after 3pm on the day before the event, it may affect your eligibility to join future events. To avoid this no-show penalty, please cancel by at least 3pm the day before the event by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your full participation in the event, please email email@example.com in advance of the event.
PDFO EVENT COMMUNITY AGREEMENT
The PDFO has created a community agreement for our events in order to foster an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment in which all event attendees feel safe and supported.
By participating in a PDFO event, we commit ourselves to:
- Treating one another with kindness, courtesy and respect in all interactions;
- Engaging in gracious, active listening and valuing others’ opinions;
- Not dominating discussions so that others can share during the session;
- Ensuring that any potentially confidential or sensitive information shared as part of the session is not shared outside of the session;
- Actively participating in the session; and
- In online sessions, when possible and if comfortable sharing audio and/or video to create a greater sense of community and participation.
Due to the ongoing situation surrounding COVID-19, this program will be delivered online via Zoom. The following suggestions may help to improve the online experience:
- Use headphones to reduce noise and avoid feedback between your mic and speaker.
- Ensure that you are in a quiet location so that the audio does not get polluted with unwanted noise.
- Keep your microphone on mute unless you are speaking during the session.
- In case of technical problems, time for plugin downloads, etc., please attempt to log into the Zoom meeting 10-15 minutes before the start. You will be placed in the waiting room until the official start time.