The CIHR Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR) is dedicated to supporting graduate students and post-doctoral Fellows and to recognizing the research excellence and knowledge translation initiatives of these emerging health services and policy researchers at an early stage in their career.
- To recognize the excellence of Canadian research and innovative knowledge translation (KT) initiatives of graduate students (e.g. M.D., M.A., M.Sc. and PhD) and post-doctoral fellows studying health services and policy research;
- To recognize research and/or KT contributions for which a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow has had primary responsibility;
- To promote careers in health services and policy research.
IHSPR will recognize up to three (3) graduate students and/or post-doctoral fellows studying in all fields and disciplines related to health services and policy research.
Each award recipient will receive the following:
- An award of $1,000 award (preferably used to present research at a scientific meeting or to attend a health services and policy research training program);
- Up to a maximum of $1,500 in travel support to attend the 2015 Canadian Association of Health Services and Policy Research (CAHSPR) conference;
- Publication of their profile on the IHSPR website and in an IHSPR newsletter; and
- A certificate of excellence from CIHR-IHSPR.