Applications are now closed. Please check back for next years IHSPR Rising Star Award.
The CIHR Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR) is dedicated to supporting graduate students and post-doctoral Fellows and to recognizing the research excellence and knowledge translation initiatives of these emerging health services and policy researchers at an early stage in their career.
- To recognize the excellence of Canadian research and innovative knowledge translation (KT) initiatives of graduate students (e.g. M.D., M.A., M.Sc. and PhD) and post-doctoral fellows studying health services and policy research;
- To recognize research and/or KT contributions for which a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow has had primary responsibility;
- To promote careers in health services and policy research.
IHSPR will recognize up to three (3) graduate students and/or post-doctoral fellows studying in all fields and disciplines related to health services and policy research.
Each award recipient will receive the following:
- An award of $1,000 award (preferably used to present research at a scientific meeting or to attend a health services and policy research training program);
- Up to a maximum of $1,500 in travel support to attend the 2015 Canadian Association of Health Services and Policy Research (CAHSPR) conference;
- Publication of their profile on the IHSPR website and in an IHSPR newsletter; and
- A certificate of excellence from CIHR-IHSPR.