As the most prestigious postdoctoral award in Canada, the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program provides the opportunity to bring top talent to join the research community at UBC.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded to the very best postdoctoral researchers, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to Canada's economic, social, and research-based growth.
- Annual Value: $70,000 CAD per year for two years
- Award Status: Active
- UBC Internal Submission Deadline: Friday, August 11, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT, NO EXCEPTIONS
- National Banting Deadline: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 20:00 PM EDT (17:00 PM PDT)
At UBC, the internal Banting selection process is managed by the Postdoctoral Fellows Office. Please refer to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program official website for information about the program, including eligibility and application requirements.
To access the Vanier-Banting Academic CV template, visit the Canadian Common CV (CCV) site.
Updated Friday, April 28, 2017
Please refer to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships website for information about the review process and selection criteria.
Application procedures AND DEADLINES
A full Banting package, including the UBC Internal Banting Cover Form and Submission Checklist, is to be submitted in .PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 11, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT, NO EXCEPTIONS. All documents must be formatted in keeping with the presentation standards for attached documents as set out by Banting.
Incomplete or ineligible applications or applications that do not conform to the Banting presentation standards for attached documents will be considered ineligible for institutional endorsement and will not be forwarded to the adjudication committee for review.
For the purpose of the UBC Internal Banting Competition, referee assessments and the Institutional Letter of Endorsement are NOT required. If selected for institutional endorsement, applicants will be provided with a completed Institutional Letter of Endorsement via email no later than Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
Applicants who are selected as UBC nominees are responsible for meeting the following additional deadlines before submitting the final application to Banting via ResearchNet. All candidates are responsibles for meeting any other deadlines set by their faculties and/or departments. Please consult with your faculty and/or unit for this information.
- Faculty of Medicine Deadline (for all applicants applying through units within the Faculty of Medicine): Friday, September 15, 2017 at 4:00 PM PDT.
- Please consult with the Faculty of Medicine directly for internal requirements.
- Office of Research Services Deadline - UBC Vancouver: Monday, September 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM PDT
- Office of Research Services Deadline - UBC Okanagan: Monday, September 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM PDT
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program National Deadline: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 20:00 PM EDT (17:00 PM PDT)
Information on Office of Research Services (ORS) submission guidelines is available in the documents below:
All Supervisor/PI resources are available on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Faculty and Staff Portal. An active CWL account is required to access this portal; please contact email@example.com if you are unable to access this portal.
The following Supervisor/PI resources are available:
- UBC Supervisor/PI Webinar
- The PDFO will be hosting a UBC Supervisor/PI webinar on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 from 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM PDT. Detailed information about this webinar is available on the Faculty and Staff Portal.
- Supervisor's Statement Template Letter
- The PDFO has prepared a Supervisor's Statement Template Letter that is available on the Faculty and Staff Portal. This document is designed to assist Supervisors/PIs in preparing the Supervisor's Statement required as part of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program. Please refer to the Banting website for detailed information about what is required as part of this document.
Click here for a list of frequently-asked questions pertaining to the UBC Internal Banting Competition. For any questions pertaining to the internal review process that are not addressed in this FAQ, email the PDFO at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions pertaining to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, including questions about eligibility, please contact Banting directly.