As one of the most prestigious postdoctoral awards in Canada, the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program provides the opportunity to bring top talent to join the research community at UBC.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded to the very best postdoctoral researchers, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to Canada's economic, social and research-based growth.
At UBC, the internal Banting selection process is managed by the Postdoctoral Fellows Office. For official information, regulations and procedures, visit the Banting website.
To access the Vanier-Banting Academic CV template, visit the Canadian Common CV (CCV) site.
UBC INTERNAL BANTING COMPETITION DEADLINE: THURSDAY, JULY 16, 2020 AT 10:00 AM PDT, NO EXCEPTIONS
All candidates are responsible for meeting any UBC internal deadlines set by their faculties and/or departments. Please consult with your unit for any internal procedures and/or deadlines.
This website will be updated as any additional information about the UBC Internal Banting Competition becomes available. Site last updated Monday, June 8, 2020.
Please refer to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships website for information about the review process and selection criteria.
Application procedures and Deadlines
A Banting application package is to be submitted via the UBC Internal Banting Competition Submission Form by Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 10:00 AM PDT, NO EXCEPTIONS. All documents must be formatted in keeping with the presentation standards for attached documents as set out by Banting.
Incomplete or ineligible applications or applications that do not conform to the Banting presentation standards for attached documents will be considered ineligible for institutional endorsement and will not be forwarded to the adjudication committee for review.
For the purpose of the UBC Internal Banting Competition, referee assessments and the Institutional Letter of Endorsement ARE NOT required. If selected for institutional endorsement, applicants will be provided with a completed Institutional Letter of Endorsement via email no later than Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
If you experience any technical difficulties with the UBC Internal Banting Competition Submission Form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a description and screenshot(s) of the error.
Applications must be submitted as one continuous PDF file in the following order and uploaded via the UBC Internal Banting Competition Submission Form.
- Canadian Common CV (Vanier-Banting Academic Template)
- ResearchNet Application Details
- For the purpose of the UBC Internal Banting Competition, the names and contact information of your referees is not required.
- The Title of Research Proposal, Lay title, and Lay Abstract are required.
- Click here for information on how to export your application details from ResearchNet.
- Significance of research contributions
- Significance of leadership contributions
- Fulfillment of Degree Requirements Form
- If applicable, Special circumstances
- Research Proposal
- Supervisor’s Statement
Please name the continuous PDF file “Lastname, Firstname”.
All Supervisor/PI resources are available on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Faculty and Staff Portal. An active CWL account is required to access this portal; please contact email@example.com if you are unable to access this portal.
The following Supervisor/PI resources are available for the 2020 UBC Internal Banting Competition:
- Supervisor's Statement Template Letter
- The PDFO has prepared a Supervisor's Statement Template Letter that is available on the Faculty and Staff Portal. This template was designed to assist Supervisors/PIs in crafting competitive Supervisor’s Statements as per the Banting competition requirements, and it is highly recommended that Supervisors/PIs consult this document as part of the application process. Please refer to the Banting website for detailed information about what is required as part of this document.
- Research Allowance
- The Office of the Vice-President Research & Innovation at UBC Vancouver and the Office of the Vice-Principal Research at UBC Okanagan have committed a research allowance of $5,000/year for the two years of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship for all successful Banting Postdoctoral Fellows at UBC.
- Travel Award and Funding Allocations
- The PDFO, in consultation with faculties across campus, has prepared a document that outlines potential sources of funding that may be accessible to successful Banting Postdoctoral Fellows. Please consult this document on the Faculty and Staff Portal for additional information. Any faculty-specific travel funding should be incorporated as part of the Supervisor's Statement.
Click here for a list of frequently-asked questions pertaining to the UBC Internal Banting Competition. For any questions pertaining to the internal review process that are not addressed in this FAQ, email the PDFO at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions pertaining to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, including questions about eligibility, please contact Banting directly.
INSTITUTIONAL LETTER OF ENDORSEMENT
Only those applicants selected for UBC endorsement will be provided with the Institutional Letter of Endorsement in .PDF format by email no later than Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
Fulfillment of Degree Requirements Form
For candidates who have completed or are completing their PhD at UBC and require a Fulfillment of Degree Requirements Form, please email a completed form in .pdf format to email@example.com. Once received, the form will be signed by the Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and returned to you by email.