Date & Time
This event is part of 2022 National Postdoc Appreciation Week. Click here for a list of all NPAW events!
Join Dr. Erica Machulak for hands-on, interactive support sessions that are designed to provide immediate, hands-on feedback on participants’ draft proposal summaries. Drafts may be partial and at any stage of development. Feedback will be shared in an interactive small group session with postdoc peers.
Due to the interactive nature of these support sessions, there are limited seats available in this session. So that our facilitator can prepare for the session, participants will be asked to submit the one-page project summary that they wish to work on during the support session by Monday, September 12, 2022.
Dr. Machulak will be presenting a talk on Tips and Tricks for Crafting Compelling Grant Applications earlier in the day. Click here for more information and to register for this talk.
Dr. Erica Machulak – Founder and Lead Facilitator, Hikma Strategies
Dr. Erica Machulak is the Founder of Hikma Strategies, an organization that helps people with unique expertise attract funding, build partnerships, and communicate complex ideas to new audiences. Through editorial consulting, writing, instructional design, and facilitation, she works with experts across fields to effect change through knowledge exchange. Her work has been published by Inside Higher Ed, Intellect Ltd, the Yearbook of Langland Studies, and the National Endowment for the Humanities. She holds degrees from the University of Pennsylvania (BA), the University of Oxford (MSt.), and the University of Notre Dame (PhD).
Registration in this session is now closed.
NO-SHOW PENALTY: If you register and do not attend or cancel after 3pm on the day before the event, it may affect your eligibility to join future events. To avoid this no-show penalty, please cancel by at least 3pm the day before the event by e-mailing email@example.com.
If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your full participation in the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event.
PDFO EVENT COMMUNITY AGREEMENT
The PDFO has created a community agreement for our events in order to foster an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment in which all event attendees feel safe and supported.
By participating in a PDFO event, we commit ourselves to:
- Treating one another with kindness, courtesy and respect in all interactions;
- Engaging in gracious, active listening and valuing others’ opinions;
- Not dominating discussions so that others can share during the session;
- Ensuring that any potentially confidential or sensitive information shared as part of the session is not shared outside of the session;
- Actively participating in the session; and
- In online sessions, when possible and if comfortable sharing audio and/or video to create a greater sense of community and participation.
This panel will be delivered online via Zoom. The following suggestions may help to improve the online experience:
- Use headphones to reduce noise and avoid feedback between your mic and speaker.
- Ensure that you are in a quiet location so that the audio does not get polluted with unwanted noise.
- Keep your microphone on mute unless you are speaking during the session.
- In case of technical problems, time for plugin downloads, etc., please attempt to log into the Zoom meeting 10-15 minutes before the start. You will be placed in the waiting room until the official start time.