Commercialization Speaker Series: Things I'm still learning about Commercializing Innovations...over 40 years later
Date & Time
* This is an external event and is being posted for informational purposes only. Please contact Amanda Chisholm for more information. *
The Commercialization Speaker Series is designed to support and engage faculty,staff, and trainees to enhance their knowledge of commercialization pathways forhealth research—from discovery and intellectual property to venture financing andmarketing strategies.
In this workshop you will learn:
- to articulate the discovery to market vs. need to market strategies
- to translate 1+1+1 equals more than 3 into a reality rather than a cliche
- the implications of various forms of dilutive and non-dilutive capital formation and deployment
- to identify the characteristics in a “right” partner
About the Speaker
Dr. Patrick McNees is a serial entrepreneur with over 40 years of experience developing companies and intellectual property. He has been responsible forover two dozen inventions and other intellectual property in areas of health care, lifesciences, software, and financial services. He was a professor and senior associate deanfor Strategic Partnerships & Enterprise at the University of Alabama Birmingham.
Lecture Theatre, Room 1020, Diamond Health Care Centre, 2775 Laurel St, Vancouver
UBC Life Sciences Centre, Room 1312
Registration in this session is required, and is available at https://www.vchri.ca/commercialization.