The School of Engineering & Applied Science at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for Director of its new Graduate Writing Lab. The incumbent will work with the Director and Assistant Director of Graduate Education toward the planning, development, and organization of this School-wide initiative to provide grammatical, structural, and technical writing support to graduate students and research associates.
The successful candidate will work with the Director and Assistant Director of Graduate Education to:
- Assist in the programmatic development of services to be offered by the Graduate Writing Lab
- Train, manage and organize a group of paid part-time tutors staffing the Lab
- Work one-on-one with graduate students and research associates on technical writing traning and assignments
- Connect regularly with Engineering faculty to understand the technical writing needs and challenges of their graduate students and research associates
- Work with the Center for Diversity in Engineering to create and implement best practices to serve a diverse population of students and research associates.
Qualified candidates will possess excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to work with students, faculty, and administrators from across the School and University.
A Ph.D. in any STEM field is preferred with at least 5 years of experience advising or mentoring students.
To apply, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting number 0621626. Complete a Staff Application online, attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references.
The position will remain open until filled.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Shannon Barker, email@example.com.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.