Date & Time
Filing taxes can be intimidating. Whether you are new to Canada and looking for an overview of the Canadian tax system, or you are looking for advice as to how to better file your taxes as a postdoc, this one-hour workshop with members of the Canada Revenue Agency’s BC Outreach team will provide a general introduction to some of the benefits and credits to which you may be entitled as you prepare to file your tax return. Some of these benefits and credits may include:
- The Canada child benefit;
- Goods and services tax/Harmonized Sales Tax credit; and/or
- Disability tax credit.
The CRA Outreach team will also be offering this info session on Thursday, February 23, 2023 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM and Wednesday, March 22, 2023 from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
Registration in this session is requested, and will open closer to the session date. Those successfully registered will receive a confirmation email and Zoom link within a week of the workshop date. As part of the registration form, registrants will be able to submit questions in advance that will be circulated to the CRA team. We will endeavor to answer as many questions as possible during the session, but may not be able to provide responses if questions are very situation-specific.
If you have a disability, medical condition, or accessibility concern that may affect your full participation in the event, please email email@example.com in advance of the event.
This session will be delivered online via Zoom. The following suggestions may help to improve the online experience:
- Use headphones to reduce noise and avoid feedback between your mic and speaker.
- Ensure that you are in a quiet location so that the audio does not get polluted with unwanted noise.
- Keep your microphone on mute unless you are speaking during the session.
- In case of technical problems, time for plugin downloads, etc., please attempt to log into the Zoom meeting 10-15 minutes before the start. You will be placed in the waiting room until the official start time.